On resolutions and subtle hypocrisy ...

It's 2008, and everyone whom I know are either, buzzing around wishing "Happy New Year" or they are too busy 'indulging' their nose into The New Year Resolution List they prepared 5 minutes the clock stroke 12.00 a.m.


I don't get it? What'd the whole hoola-baloo all about?
Yes, I am asking this with a concious mind.

Why is it so essential that we start a New Year resolution drama, that many, can't manage to walk through even at the first month.

Why do we promise ourselves we will be better in the future and why do we seek for a better year ahead?
(I should stop using 'we', as I have full permission to exclude myself)

Why must there be a wishing ceremony, where one wishes another good luck, wishes one a better life, and most commonly wishes one to have a better financial life which they call 'prosperity'


I so hate the emphasize lay-ed upon the needs to live in a much prosperous manner.

I mean, is that the only thing in mind?
Money?
Material wealth?
Come on people. There is more to life compared to just these aspects.


No matter what, i myself have prepared a Resolution List which i do pray to be followed at least for the next 5 months. *winks*



RESOLUTIONS FOR 2008

1. Quit smoking.
2. Quit being someone i am not.
3. Enlarge my social circle.
4. Avoid being so hypocritical. ( at times)
5. Throw extra attention towards academics.



Yes i do practice hypocrisy at certain times. Yet it falls in such subtle manner, beyond notice.

1 comments:

Susan said...

personally, not a big fan of resolutions cause i usually don't follow through ;'p
but at least ur resolutions are well-worth n noble..all the best! i believe in u, piggy..