Rapid K.L Malaysia.

To whom it may concern,

17th JANUARY 2008

From a teenagers perspective, for the general public,

What’s gone wrong with tolerance? Is patience that expensive to pay? Is a smile nearly impossible to fake? Today I was left to face what I call, one of the worst bus experiences I have ever encountered. Three disgracing encounters involving three rude Rapid KL drivers.

There I was, heading towards a driver to ask him basic directions to Serdang KTM Station, as soon as the bus made its stop at Bangsar. All I asked was what bus number I should take in order to reach Serdang KTM Station. What I got from this specific driver was a 5minutes rude eye to eye stare and a sarcastic answer of How far Serdang is. I asked him again, and he took another moment to reply whilst giving me the cold treatment I didn't deserve. I thanked him and walked away. He couldn't even manage a smile at the least. Till this very moment I am wondering, why did he give me such a cold stare? Was I not supposed to ask the driver for assistance? Was it a mistake?

At the bus hub in K.L, I walked towards the Rapid K.L information counter to verify my route to Serdang. I stopped at a board displaying the routes and managed to track down the bus number the previous driver from Bangsar gave me. To my surprise that specific bus doesn't head to Serdang KTM Station, instead it heads towards KLCC. To reassure myself I asked a correspondent at the Rapid KL information booth and he just abruptly told me the same number, and another person inside told me harshly to check the board before asking. I told him the board was misleading and to my shock he yelled at me, I repeat, he yelled at me, saying "You pergi baca baik-baik"(Go and read it well) .

I just walked away. Thank goodness a kind lady asked about my whereabouts and guided me. She told me they changed the routes and bus numbers and said the information displayed on the board was wrong. Imagine the pain someone in my shoes has to go through? I managed to get into the bus and on my way the bus stopped at a bus stop before Serdang KTM Station. A foreign student asked him in English, how to get to Serdang KTM Station, and the bus driver, unable to answer well in English, just mumbled a few words.

The foreign student asked whether or not the bus stops at Serdang KTM Station again and this time the drive raged for no apparent reason and yelled back at the foreign student, in broken English. To quote exactly what the driver said, “You go pakai you otak, you buta!?” (Use your brain, what are you, blind?!) Apparently there was a board indicating the routes, behind the seat of the fellow passenger, pasted on the window. Who would have guessed? This is sheer insult to the whole hype on Malaysians are friendly people. One wrong ingredient is enough to spoil an entire pot of good soup. These are the minor things that we all should improvise. Ethics, patience, and warmth are indeed crucial in one’s life, and we should come to realization of that.

Rapid K.L should take major steps in order to curb these unfortunate events and inculcate the Malaysian spirit into their recruits. Where a great day starts with a smile and end with a smile. Where patience is a virtue practised at all times, therefore setting a positive example for everyone. I hereby would like to urge the general public to voice out their opinions and the authorities responsible should take a higher step in making an effort in improvising the noble service provided to all Malaysians.

Yours sincerely,


A conscious young Malaysian

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I freaking totally absolutely 100% agree with you!
Send this to the local newspapers bro!!!

MeEhaF Le'FaZ said...

Yeah...this is so true...
I hate taking bus because of the improper attitude of the drivers.

By sending to the local newspaper, nothing is not going to change...knowing malaysian systems.

Anonymous said...

My experience is not with KL rapid but with the information counter at KL Sentral. My conclusion is that the wrong people were employed for these jobs. Either that or no proper training on customer service had been given before these people commence on the job. Imagine what sort of impression these front line people are giving, especially to tourists! I can tell you I wasn't impressed....

Anonymous said...

Cold treatment by employees, unfullfilled promises, long queues on the Kelana Jaya Line and the long list goes on.

Taking a ride with RapidKL is like taking a ride to hell.

Hence, they should be renamed as SlowKL.

Anonymous said...

Generally. malaysians are a good bunch except when you are in difficulty and you need help – urgently. Like when you are lost and want to ask for directions. Did anyone realise that giving directions on the streets is quite a big task – seeing that street directories are not realiable, not everyone has one, not everyone knows where exactly is that place and open streets is not safe anymore with vehicles inches from your waist, and you are holding onto your handbag or shopping bags?
A scenario could be:
Answer from the man on the street: Oh yes, heard of Serdang, but no, I have not been there, so please don’t stare at me and repeat the question- I can hear you but I dunno. I am blur sotong myself. I think most people are quite lost themselves on how to get there. It depends.
Question from you: I am curious now. Depends on what?
Question: Well, depends on what time do you want to get there?
Answer: Like now.
Question: Well, depends if it is going to drizzle or not.
A: I don’t know. I just want to get there now.
Q: Depends are you taking my taxi to get there? Or are you going by bus or on foot?
A: I don’t know which bus to take.
Q: Depends if there is no road accidents.
A: I just wonder myself.
Q: Well, see if the traffic is heavy or not. Is it kopi time oredi or mad lunch break?
A: I don’t know. I am not from here. I am a foreigner.
Q: Aiyo, why you want to go to Serdang, if you are not a local. Must know the local roads, mah.
A: Do you know how to get there?
Q: I know, I know or I have friends who know. But I don’t like to go there now.
A: Anyone who knows – looked around and found everyone staring listlessly because they also want to know but dare not come out with an answer.
Word of wisdom:
Street directory should be made available with satellite navigator on public transport so people can get to places. I have not seen a street directory for KL for a long time and I am not sure if the latest copy is printed or not.
So always make sure you know how to get there before going out on the streets in KL. Best persons to ask for directions are hotel concierge, cleaners, taxi drivers (friendly ones who are taking a break), truck drivers, motorcyclists, and people who are listening to MP3 or talking to their handphones. Seems like an impossible task but I have been there and I have found most of the hotel concierges are friendly, knowledgeable and courteous. If I ever have a vacancy in the company, I will hire all of them, they are so understanding and seems to be able to tackle any problem.

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]aphorism-babbled.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Let me show you one truth. Recent Scientific Research shows that closely 70% of all United States grownups are either fat or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.